Thursday, October 20, 2016

Inktober 2016: Another Dozen Sketches



This is a "for fun," voluntary event every October where people doodle up something in ink and post it to social media with the hashtag #inktober or #inktober2016. I posted the first batch of drawings here, and this is another dozen little stream of consciousness sketches. These are all drawn with a Micron Pigma pen, and all are done with no prep; no pencil sketch underneath -- and usually just a smattering of an idea of what I am going to draw. It's just for fun. And it's good practice to let go and let ink!

Ready? Let's go.

For the sketch below I was thinking of the newsstand at the end of the 2 and 5 subway lines. So, I get a "OK, this would be fun to draw" flash in my gut and off I go. 

This was in Brooklyn at "The Junction," where Flatbush and Nostrand crossed. That's also where Brooklyn College is, as well as our first NYC apartment which was $380 a month.


Another urban sketch:


Beards, beards, beards. Soon after posting this on my Instagram, I got followed by a men's haircare company.


Some "too cool" millennials. If I saw them in a bar, like this, I would go to another bar. I like the juxtaposition between her bald head and his manscaped hair.


A couple of customers walking in to Dee's Diner, a place where everyone knows your name and most guys have facial hair and wear ball caps and flannel.


I use a lot of hashtags and this is how my description of this guy below was written on social media:

#inktober #drawing #passiveaggressive #employee#shouting #howareyou to anybody who comes in to the local #cumberlandfarms #gasstation#butthecoffeeisonlyabuck #goodcoffee


A middle aged businessman not acting his age in this doodle.



I like her expression. This is a teeny drawing (like the size of a dime), but it does the job.


So, every day you have to draw something and when I can't think of what to draw, I ask myself, "What did you do today?" I went to the grocery.


Various #selfies snagged from #Facebook #profilesof #people I don't know. #inktober #sketchbook#sketch #avatar #whydoallguyshavegoateesandbaseballhats #ireallydontknowthesepeople


More:

Inktober 2016: The First Nine Days

Inktober 2015:

Inktober week one is here.

Inktober week two is here.

Inktober week three is here.

Inktober week four is here.

Last of the Inktober Drawings

No comments: