Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Cartoons

Here are a few of my cartoons about mothers in honor of Mother's Day. Please enjoy these.


 Above: frankly, quite an odd cartoon, from the Chronicle of Higher Education. 



Above: an Oprah cartoon. I have been able to sell Oprah-critical cartoons more and more in the past five years. Before that, you couldn't criticize her.


There is a lot of scholarship and knowledge in reading those labels. There should just be a "this will make you fat" aisle.




Spelling out you mom's name in toast (of course, her name is "mom") is something I would have done as a kid.

Being a parent today is especially challenging.




Above: some tough-love city bird parents.


 Above: the most reprinted Mom cartoon I ever drew.

 Using work-related phrases in personal situations = funny.



I like how this guy is prepared to go to the department store's Mother's Day sale!



2 comments:

Ger Apeldoorn said...

channeling Sergio Aragonés in the last one?

Mike Lynch said...

Gee whiz, Now that you point it out, it does look a little like Aragones, Ger. I remember I was reading a book on animation character design at the time. Hmm.