Friday, December 04, 2009

Jim Salicrup Interview

Jim Salicrup and Mike Lynch from a 2007 comics event at Rocketship in Brooklyn

Jim Salicrup's life and career is the focus of an encompassing interview by Kyle Willis for Imaginedaily.com.

"When I was an 11 year-old kid growing up in the then-very hostile environs of The Bronx, my two dreams were to work for Marvel Comics and to live in Manhattan. By the time I was 15 years old, I was working for Marvel Comics, and not that many years later, I was living in Manhattan. It’s as if I had decided I wanted to join the Beatles, and woke up one day alongside John, Paul, George and Ringo! For me, to be a part of the legendary Marvel Comics Bullpen for 20 years was beyond incredible. Too many highlights to mention, but winding up in the Guinness Book of World Records for editing the best-selling SPIDER-MAN comic book ever was a thrill!"

Jim is one of the nicest fellows you'd ever want to meet. He's not only a big time editor and publisher, but he's a fan as well. Take a look at some of the best selling Papercutz books.

No comments: