Wednesday, March 11, 2009

MEDICAL ECONOMICS Cartoons

Here are some CARTOON CLASSICS FROM MEDICAL ECONOMICS. This is a hardcover collection of gag cartoons from the Medical Economics magazine, copyright 1963 by the Medical Economics Book Division, Inc. of Oradell, NJ.



Above: Jack Markow is the cartoonist and this is one of my favorite cartoons of his. This may be one of his most reprinted cartoons. Mr. Markow was a prolific gag cartoonist who wrote a series of "how to cartoon" books throughout the 1960s and 70s.



You know it's coming, but the gag is classic.


Look at that. An office without a computer. Or any files.




Joe Farris, whose work I still see and, so far as I know, is up at the New Yorker offices, pitching every "look day" showcases his wash skills here. Those sly looks on the kids' and moms' faces have me feeling a little uncomfortable.



Above: Al Kaufman, one of the greats. This made me laugh out loud. What a gleeful look on that kid's face!




Sid Hoff using his dry brush on pebble board technique. A creaky gag, but an idea I still see published from time to time.



Tom Hudson with a sorry little kid.



I can't make out the signature. This is fun and probably a true life event!


KAZ, who is alive and well and still dwelling in Manhattan, with a racy one.




And the last one for now is this wordless gag by the late, great Charlie Rodriguez. It took me a couple of seconds to see what's going on ....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post, thank you for posting these cartoons, they make me smile and laugh a lot. Thanks again.

Take care, Lorne