Friday, July 20, 2007

Workaday Life of a Cartoonist: Mark Anderson

Mark Anderson shares an answer to the number one question that cartoonists get asked: Where do you get your ideas?

I want to shout out to Mark and thank him for his kind words about this here blog. Mark is, at this moment, frolicking with his family in the vacationy wilds of Wisconsin. He deserves it -- but the guy is still blogging every day!

This drawing here, a blown-up doodle from my sketchbook, illustrates an atypical gag cartoonist, sadly mulling over those shopworn cliches: desert island, boss chasing secretary, shackled prisoner. I drew it when I didn't have any ideas.

And my take on the "Where do you gut your ideas?" question from my old MySpace blog is here.

1 comment:

Mark Anderson said...

Not to destroy the illusion, but I wrote last week's blogs a while ago and just set them to publish themselves each day.

So I guess I was sort of proactively lazy?!